Minutes of the Meeting of the High Littleton Parish Council held on Tuesday 8th November 2016

 

Minutes of the Meeting of the High Littleton Parish Council held on Tuesday 8th November 2016

 

Councillors present 

Mr P Wyatt (Chairman), Mr R Hitchens, Mr S Skelhorn, Mr L Salvidge, Mr P Savage, Mr L Sheen, Mr J Petchey and District Councillor Les Kew

 

Agenda

Opportunity for the members of the public to speak

There were 6 members of the public present. A resident from Hallatrow addressed the Council about the sporadic bus service of the 178 and 179 to Bath. The 172 bus only travels to Paulton and then back again. The changes of the routes and times have caused problems for users. The resident also informed the Council that the stile and gate at the end of the footpath to Langfords Lane is obscured by an overgrown hedge. Plus the footpaths in the parish are now covered in leaves with weeds growing out of the pavements. The question of reducing the speed limit by Highbury Road on the A39 was raised as vehicles continuing to travel past at 40 to 50 mph. Residents of Hallatrow asked about the status of the previous outline application of the 15 houses development on Wells Road. Mr L Kew replied that the Council have to wait for the full application. A resident from Hallatrow discussed with the Council the amended drawings of the planning application 16/05238/ADCOU. It was noted that a landscaping plan is needed.

 

Apologies

Mr N Pollett and Mr P Allen,

 

Minutes of the Parish Meeting held on the 11th October 2016

These were signed as a true and correct record of the meeting by the Chairman.

 

Declarations of Discloseable Pecuniary Interests and Request for Dispensations

Mr L Salvidge – planning application 16/04621/FUL. One of the co-owners is an ex business partner of Mr Salvidge.

 

Development Control, Forestry Works and Footpath Diversions

16/03808/FUL Erection of 4no. dwellings following demolition of existing dwelling, garage and outbuildings. White Chimneys, Paulton Road, Hallatrow

Awaiting a decision

 

16/03724/FUL  Erection of 4 No. detached dwellings (resubmission of 15/04514/FUL). Lea Meadow House, Wells Road, Hallatrow

Permitted. To be removed from the agenda

 

16/03914/FUL  Demolition of existing building and erection of 6no dwellings and associated works. The Yard, High Street, High Littleton

Awaiting a decision.

 

16/04566/TPO  T1 Purple Beech – : Leamore Scumbrum Lane High Littleton

Consented. Go be removed from the agenda.

 

16/04621/FUL  Erection of a rear extension to provide additional covered wash and dry area (Revised Scheme). White Cross Garage, White Cross, Hallatrow

Awaiting a decision

 

16/04535/FUL  Erection of a dwelling following demolition of the outbuilding. 33 Parklands, High Littleton

Awaiting a decision

 

New Planning Applications

16/05007/FUL  Renovation and extension of former farmhouse. Greyfield Wood Farm, Greyfield Wood, High Littleton (Outside the Parish)

The Council agreed to Support this application, adding that the Council have concerns regarding the safety of pedestrians using CL6/40. This unlit path is in constant use by dog walkers, school groups and other visitors to Greyfield Woods and request that an outstanding request to B&NES to replace the missing footpath sign at the junction of Greyfield Road urgently.

 

16/04962/FUL  Erection of two storey side extension and auxiliary works. 40 Rotcombe Lane, High Littleton

The Council agreed to Support this application

 

16/05238/ADCOU Prior approval request for change of use from Agricultural Building to Dwelling (C3) and associated building operations. Agricultural Building, Harts Lane, Hallatrow

The Council agreed to Comments only to this planning application. The Council do not have any comments as to the design, but they would like it made clear to the applicant that there should be more detail on the parking provision. Plus there should be a landscape plan

 

Other Planning matters

None

 

Agenda Items

  1. Parish Plan – Highways & Environment
  • Feasibility study for Paulton and surrounding area in connection with the Polestar Development and Village Gate, Paulton Road, Hallatrow

Mr P Wyatt informed the Council that he has met with Mr S Chiffers &B&NES Traffic Engineer) and Mr L Kew to discuss various outstanding traffic issues on the Council’s agenda.

The Clerk informed Mr Dan Miller (B&NES Engineer Design Group) the Council are looking at other signs for the Village Gateway. Mr P Wyatt explained to the Council what signage is possible for the Parish. It was agreed that a site visit is required with Mr S Chiffers. Meanwhile the Council to consider what type of Village sign they would like.

The Clerk sent 2007 Speed Limit review maps to all the Councillors for their review

 

  • Enhancement of area between New Road and Scumbrum Lane

Mr P Wyatt informed the Council that a design for the area has yet to be done by Mr D Miller

 

  • Hallatrow Hill footway – Phase 2 (Road Speeds on A39 particularly by Langfords Lane and Highbury Road in Hallatrow)

Mr L Kew informed the Council that he will be doing a site visit with the B&NES Cabinet Minister

 

  • Zebra Crossing High Street – problems with impaired visibility due to queuing traffic and general traffic problems

Mr P Wyatt informed the Council that Mr Chiffers said it would cost £5000 for a feasibility study of the crossing and £60000 for pedestrian crossing lights

 

  • Goosard Lane – speeding Traffic

Mr P Wyatt informed the Council that Mr S Chiffers has explained that there is no money available in the budget to do anything about the speeding traffic, other than the replacing of the white lining and cutting back the hedge surrounding the 30mph sign. To be removed from the agenda

 

  • Parking infringements and safety issues in New Road

The Clerk contacted Mrs Jefferies (B&NES Parking Enforcement) for their findings regarding vehicles parking on yellow lines by the chicane on New Road. Mr Ben Wills (Acting Senior Civil Enforcement Officer) replied that one of their officers attended New Road on the 14th September 2016. A Penalty Charge Notice was issued to the vehicle in contravention. They have checked on further occasions but no more PCN’s were issued. To be removed from the agenda.

 

  • Vehicles parking on grass verge on corner of A39 and A37 junction

The Council noted that cars have not parked on the grass verge recently. To be removed from the agenda.

 

  1. Highway related matters

The Highways Maintenance sheet was updated

  1. Bus Stops / Bus Shelters/ Bus Services
  • New bus shelter opposite the Post Office

Mrs Avril England (B&NES Public Transport Officer) informed the Clerk that she is still chasing the Bus Shelters Ltd for an electrical certificate.

 

  • The reduction in the bus service and the impact on parishioners

The Clerk sent the Council’s letter the regarding complaints and problems for parishioners who used the bus service to B&NES Councillor Tony Clark (B&NES Councillor Member for Transport). No News. The Council requested that the Clerk write to First Bus about the problems of the changes to the bus services and to send them a copy of the letter sent to Mr Tony Clark.

 

  1. Youth Service Matters

No news

 

  1. B&NES Placemaking Plans

No news

 

  1. Footpath Matters
  • Footpath Sign off Greyfield Road leading to Greyfield Wood needs replacing

Mr S Skelhorn is looking into repositioning this sign.

 

  1. Methodist Church – Update Review

Mr L Sheen informed the Council that progress is being made

 

  1. Neighbourhood Plans/Parish Plans

Mr P Savage sent the editor of the News and Views a proposed cover for the November/December issue of the News and Views. Mr P Savage informed the Council that the Drop in session will be held for their first community engagement on Saturday 26th November, between 10.10 am to 4.00pm. Topics Declaration of Interests, Academy input, logo competition, breakfast event for businesses and local land owners. New email address is info.hlhnp@gmail.com. There are 9 members of the Steering Group. Mr Savage provided the Councillors Declaration of Interest forms to complete and return to the next meeting. Mr Savage recommended that all Councillors complete the forms, so they may participate in discussion on the Neighbourhood Plan

 

  1. Facebook page for the Parish Council
  • Council to approve of draft Social Media Policy

The Clerk has now put this on the website. To be removed from the agenda.

 

  1. Council looking at establishing internet connection to Church hall

Mr L Salvidge will speak to the High Littleton School’s Deputy Head Teacher regarding the status of the Internet connection to the hall.

 

  1. Christmas trees and dressing for 2016

The Clerk has informed Somer 2000 that the Council have agreed to their quotation for the dressing of the two trees. Mr Nicholas Pearson has agreed to house the High Littleton tree can be left at his address overnight when it is delivered.

Mr S Skelhorn reported to the Council that Mr N Pollett has discussed the purchase of 2 Christmas trees for High Littleton and Hallatrow at a cost of £185 each. Mr Pollett will collect the trees ready for Sommer 2000 to dress on the 1st December 2016.

 

  1. New website search for Parish Council

The Clerk to contact possible website designers for quotations to design a new website for the Council.

 

Reports from Representatives

Allotments

No news

                                                       

Recreation Ground

Mr J Petchey provided the Council with a verbal report.

Police and Neighbourhood Watch 

Mr Sean Skelhorn provided the Council with a verbal report. The Clerk was requested to write and thank PC Peard for attending the October Parish Council meeting, when he the provided the latest crime statistics for the Parish

               

School Governors

Mr P Wyatt provided the Council with a verbal report

 

Grass and Cemetery

No news

 

Parish Magazine “News and Views”  

The Clerk informed Mrs Vicki Smith (Co-ordinator of the News and Views) that the Council are happy with the present Editor continuing editing the News and Views and the Printers to continue with the expected 5% increase in costs.

 

Greyfield Wood  

  • Litter bin request for edge of Greyfield wood and re-siting bin at Gas box Greyfield Road

Mr S Skelhorn informed the Council that he had tried to contact the Mrs Kate Meopham (B&NES Technical Waste Officer) to discuss the re-siting of the bin. No answer.

The Council discussed parking problems by the lane to Greyfield Wood. Mr S Skelhorn will speak to the Woodland Trust

 

Street Cleansing Update

The Clerk emailed Wayne Bridges (WJB)  to ask him to add 2 footpaths to the schedule. The one between Eastover Road and Southover Road and the footpath that leads from the Recreation Ground to the High Street. The Clerk also informed him that his contract needs changing to amend the £200 a day to £250. The Clerk and Mr Bridges to arrange a date to meet up. The Council requested that the Clerk ask Mr Bridges finish Hallatrow in early December 2016. The Council agreed that Mr Bridges has done an excellent job in High Littleton

 

Parish Liaison Meeting

Mr R Hitchens provided the Council with a report on the last Parishes Liaison meeting he attended last month

 

Items of interest from District Councillor:

Mr L Kew informed the Council that B&NES have a £10 million shortfall in their budget. Mr Kew provided the Council with the latest on the Devolution

 

Correspondence for Action:

  • Decision Notices received in respect of Code of Conduct complaints against 2 High Littleton Parish Councillors

Re:- 11-16b It is alleged that the Councillor had breached the High Littleton Parish Council’s Code by failing to disclose interests in relation to planning application (16/02250/FUL). No further investigation is required. The Councillor apologised to the Parish Council.

 

Financial

  • Receipt of £1387.50. The High Littleton Parish Council share of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) generated by the development at Timsbury Road. Ref:- 16/00566/FUL

The Council to consider the spending of the CIL which needs to be spent by December 2017

 

  • Quarterly Accounts

The Clerk forwarded to the Councillors the quarterly accounts ending 30th September 2016. The Council agreed that the Chairman should sign the accounts.

 

Start precept discussion by tabling initial draft budget

The Clerk forwarded to the Councillors the first draft budget sheet for 2017/2018. The Council suggested amendments.

 

  • Grant request – Carol Singing committee sweets for children

The Council discussed the Carol Singing sub-committee’s request for a grant for £20 to be spent on sweets for the children oat the service. Mr P Wyatt proposed that the Council agree to the grant of £20 for sweets for the children at the Carol service. This was seconded by Mr R Hitchens. There were 5 for with 2 abstentions. Therefore the motion was passed.

 

For Payment:

The following cheques were approved for payment November 2016:-

Cheque 886 To Pauline Young  
  Clerk’s pay October 16 964.33
  Less October  16 Tax (9.40)
  Less October 16 NI Contribution

Less October Pension Contribution

(35.04)

4.47

  Net Total 915.42
  Travel for October 16 17.55
  Total  932.97
Cheque 887 Post Office Ltd  
  Employee’s October 16 Tax 9.40
  Employer’s and Employee’s October 16 NI 74.78
  Total 84.18
Cheque 888 E.ON – Electric for October 16 49.53
Cheque 889 M Stevens (Crocombe Services) – Rec Ground grass cutting October 16 114.58
Cheque 890

 

Fosseway Press – Printing News and Views 317.65
Cheque 891 Trenjory Designs – Editing News and Views 187.50
Cheque 892 S Manley – Distributing New and Views 140.00
Cheque 893 John Shears – High Littleton Royal British Legion Wreath 17.50
Cheque 894 P Young – Petty Cash 100.00
Cheque 895 Recreation Ground Committee – 43% towards Rec insurance 2016 370.20
Cheque 896 Gordon Jackson – Grant sweets for children Carol Service 20.00
Total                    2,334.11       

 

Matters Chairman considers Urgent

The Clerk informed the Council that she will not be able to attend the Council meeting due for the second Tuesday in February 2017. The Clerk asked the Council if the date could be arranged for Wednesday 8th February 2017. The Council agreed

 

The Clerk was requested that the Clerk contact the resident in Highbury Road who addressed the Council earlier in the meeting about speeding traffic on the A39 by Highbury Road, to say that a Council will speak to the Camera Safety Partnership.

 

Items for Next Meeting 

Precept discussion

Exchange of Parish Council Data back up on Cruzer Blade Exchange

The Clerk gave the Chairman the latest backup

 

Date of Next Meeting

Tuesday 13th December 2016

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 21.34 hours

 

 

Chairman                                                                                                        Clerk