BIG CHOICES on Buses
Closing date of 31 August 2022
The West of England Combined Authority (WECA) is holding a “big conversation” on buses this summer. They want to hear your views and ideas on bus travel across the region such as:
- Where should buses run?
- What’s a reasonable amount to pay for your fare?
- Should there be a focus on urban or rural services?
- How would you deploy the limited number of bus drivers?
- What if the choice is more frequent or more reliable services?
- Could we use community transport more effectively?
- What would encourage more people to choose the bus?
There is an online survey which opened on 22 July and will run until 31 August 2022.
WECA is also holding four public events during the first week of August (dates and locations below) as well as encouraging organisations to run their own, local ‘big choices’ events with a downloadable pack available to support this.
Click here for full details and to take part in the survey
We would encourage you to participate and to share this information – from October grant subsides are being closed which could see the loss of 178 and 42 services. Our Parish response is important.
The public meetings all take place between 6.30pm and 8.30pm as follows:
- Monday 1 August: Yate Parish Hall, Yate BS37 5NF
- Tuesday 2 August: Southdown Methodist Church, The Hollow, Bath BA2 1NJ
- Wednesday 3 August: St Augustine’s Church, 2 East Dundry Road, Whitchurch BS14 0LL
- Thursday 4 August: Brook Way Activity Centre, Brook Way, Bradley Stoke BS32 9DA
The council will provide updates if any other events are planned.