High Littleton Parish Council – Policy for use of social media
The High Littleton Parish Council Social Media pages intend to:
Provide Information and updates regarding activities and opportunities within High Littleton Parish and promote positive thoughts and comments from residents within the parish.
In order to ensure that all discussions on the High Littleton Parish Council pages are productive, respectful, energised and consistent with the Council’s mission and goals, we ask you to follow these guidelines:
- be considerate and respectful of others – vulgarity, threats or abuse of language will not be tolerated
- differing opinions and discussion of diverse ideas are encouraged, but personal attacks on anyone, including High Littleton Parish Council members or staff, will not be permitted
- share freely and be generous, but be aware of copyright laws; be accurate and give credit where credit is due;
- stay on topic
- refrain from using social media pages for commercial purposes or to market products.
The sites are not monitored continuously and we will not always be able to reply individually to all messages or comments received. However, we will endeavour to ensure that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant people.
Sending a message / post via social media will not be considered as contacting the Council for official purposes, and we will not be obliged to monitor or respond to requests for information through this channel. Instead, please see our contact details on the website – www.highlittleton.org.uk. Please do not include personal / private information in your social media posts / messages to us.
We retain the right to remove comments or content that includes:
- obscene or racist content
- personal attacks, insults or threatening language
- potentially libellous statements
- plagiarised material; any material in violation of any laws, including copyright
- private, personal information published without consent
- information or links unrelated to the content of the forum
- commercial promotions or spam
Non-compliance will not be tolerated and can result in a ban
High Littleton Parish Council is not responsible for the accuracy of content posted by any subscriber in any forum; opinions expressed in comments on High Littleton Parish Council’s social media forums do not necessarily represent those of High Littleton Parish Council.
All comments, once posted, become the property of High Littleton Parish Council and we reserve the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display or edit. Derivative work can also be created from such postings or content, and used for any purpose, in any form and on any other media.
High Littleton Parish Council is not responsible, liable for and do not endorse the privacy practices of any social media or any linked websites. Your use of social media and any linked websites is at your own risk.
High Littleton Parish Council assumes no responsibility or liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within or downloaded from these websites.
Social media sites may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for this lack of service.
The presence of any advertisement on social media pages is not an endorsement of the authenticity or quality of the goods, services or website and High Littleton Parish Council will not be held responsible for any claims arising in that respect.
We will not engage in / with, and we discourage posts or comments on, issues of a political nature.
Comments should not advertise commercial products or services.
This comment policy may be revised at any time.
By choosing to comment and / or use any High Littleton Parish Council social media site, users are deemed to agree to this policy.
Date 11th October 2016