NOTICE OF ELECTION
1. An Election is to be held of a Mayor for the West of England Combined Authority area. 2. Forms of nomination for this Mayoral Election may be obtained at 5th Floor, B Bond, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN from the Combined Authority Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
3. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Combined Authority Returning Officer, 5th Floor, B Bond, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN on any day after the date of this notice, on Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding bank holidays), but no later than 4 pm on Tuesday, 4th April 2017.
4. The required deposit may be made either by (a) the deposit of any legal tender or by (b) means of a banker’s draft or by (c) electronic transfer of funds using a debit card.
5. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 4th May 2017.
6. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday, 18th April 2017.
7. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017.
8. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Thursday, 4th May 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017
Voting Area Electoral Registration Officer’s Contact Details Bath and North East Somerset Address: Electoral Registration Officer, Bath & North East Somerset Council, Guildhall, High Street, Bath, BA1 5AW Telephone: 01225 477333 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bristol Address: Electoral Registration Officer, Electoral Services (B Bond), Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176, Bristol, BS3 9FS Telephone: 0117 922 3400 Email: email@example.com South Gloucestershire Address: Electoral Registration Officer, South Gloucestershire Council, PO Box 300, Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 0DS
Telephone: 01454 863030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated MONDAY 27 March 2017
STATEMENT OF PERSONS NOMINATED
Election of a Mayor for West Of England Combined Authority
A poll will be held on Thursday 4th May 2017 between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm
The following people have been or stand nominated for election as Combined Authority Mayor for the above combined authority. Those who no longer stand nominated are listed, but will have a comment in the right hand column.
Candidate name Address of candidate Description of candidate
If candidate no longer nominated reason why
110 High Street, Winterbourne, South Gloucestershire, BS36 1RE
The Conservative Party Candidate
FOOT Aaron Warren
33 Mendip View, Wick, Bristol, BS30 5PX
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
HALL Darren Edward
22 Cleeve Hill Rd, Bristol, BS49 4PG
MANSELL Lesley Ann
80, Kilmersdon Road, Radstock, BA3 3QR
Labour and Co-operative Party
SAVAGE John Christopher
219 Church Road, Frampton Cotterell, BS36 2BJ
28 Sefton Park Road, Bristol, BS7 9AJ
Dated Wednesday 5th April 2017
Stephen Hughes Combined Authority Returning Officer
Printed and published by the Combined Authority Returning Officer, 5th Floor, B Bond, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN